Sunday, July 29, 2012

Making 10 x10 inch Shadow Box Picture Frames, For my series works









So I started making frames finally! For some smaller sized paper works! I'm excited cause I cut the channel for a glass panel and made the outside of 4 frames so far. So hopefully I can attach a back that has the ability to be removed. This is step 1 being done, and step 2 almost there, I have 2 more huge pieces of wood which means 4 more frames! Making a total of 8 all together. Then I'll be able to move on to the next steps, which would be cutting the back, painting all the wood white, inserting glass, using adhesive tape on the back panel to attach some works, and then attaching the panel to the frame. I'm so excited cause I've never done this before and it's working out well. So far it's only cost me 10 dollars, to buy the wood and a panel but I might need to buy another panel. I also need to buy glass, and some how cut it, and buy house paint. I think it will cost me all together another 20 bucks, which is a total of 30 dollars for 8 10x10 frames, when 1 10x10 frame cost $25 at your local A.C.MOORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment